[WikiEN-l] Anonymous page creation will be reenabled on English Wikipedia.

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 15:51:32 UTC 2007

On 27/10/2007, Tim Starling <tstarling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> > After a one month period, on December 9th, we will re-evaluate this
> > decision using previously established methods [...]
>
> Who is "we"? The Gregory Maxwell committee? Obviously it wasn't a Board
> decision, if Florence knows nothing about it. And if it was an executive
> decision, why isn't it being announced by Sue, or one of the staff?

This "experiment" needed to be concluded by someone and it seems that
the board haven't taken any steps in this direction. Two options when
it comes to concluding this experiment are declaring it a success and
making it permanent or declaring it failure and ending the ban. Since
the motivation for the trial was PR and since the ban has probably
done more net harm than good, I welcome Gregory Maxwell's initiative.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)