[WikiEN-l] I suppose we had to see this news story soon enough

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 19:58:41 UTC 2007

On 10/26/07, joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu <joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu> wrote:

> ...it would be an interesting position to be in where
> someone's article getting deleted led to enough noise in the press that it
> could be then recreated (I suppose there is a serious [[WP:BEANS]] here).

It could be something for us to take into account, no? If the deletion of an
article on grounds of notability draws widespread and/or mainstream media
attention, it seems worth taking a second look. There's still questions of
maintainability (if all we can reliably source about a person is "media got
pissed off when Wikipedia deleted their article," BLP is still a pretty dire
concern, say).

Just a quick thought.

-Luna