[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia struggles, Mozilla set for life?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:36:29 UTC 2007

On 25/10/2007, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On this subject, here is something to think about.
>
> Which is worse in terms of COI risks?
>
> Funded 100% by donations by 50% of the donation money comes from only
> 1-3 people/groups.
>
> Funded 90% through ads but with no advertiser accounting for more than
> 1% of the income.
>
> It's a serious and important question.

Neither is a good situation to be in. Are we in the first situation? I
thought small donations made up a very large proportion of our income.
I know we got a fair bit through matching schemes during the last
fundraiser, but I think it was 1:1 matching, so it can't have been
more than 50% (and not all donations were matched, so surely much
less).