[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia struggles, Mozilla set for life?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:34:45 UTC 2007

On 23/10/2007, Nick <heligolandwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> We need an open and sensible discussion about adverts, but I suspect this
> won't be happening. It's not upto the users now, it's solely upto the board
> and if they want to try and run Wikipedia on donations, it's their
> prerogative.

Nothing is solely up to the foundation. Plenty of people have made it
clear they would leave/fork if adverts were added to Wikipedia. If the
foundation wants to continue to have projects to host, they need to
listen to what their users want. They understand this, I think it very
odd that so many users seem not to.