[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia struggles, Mozilla set for life?

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 14:49:06 UTC 2007

I though Wikipedia was about building an encyclopedia, not a community? It doesn't matter how the community works in the slightest, provided it yields the desired product.

I agree with this, though: "Few corporations even begin to grasp the dynamics of a community like ours". This is quite correct. Few corporations even begin to grasp the concept of letting the lunatics take over the asylum. Few corporations tolerate flagrant incompetence, either. Adverts would give us the cash to hire professionals, sweep out the current clutter, and get on with building the interface, presentation, and reliability that we deserve from our position as a top-ten website and world's Number One encyclopaedia. At the moment, we do not merit our elevated status. Some of this is due to lack of cash, plenty more to inability to govern from those who currently do.

Moreschi

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.