[WikiEN-l] fundraising

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Oct 23 16:34:05 UTC 2007

Delirium wrote:
> Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:
>
>> This is somewhat off-topic, but I'd like to remind all of you
>> hard-working stiffs who do nothing all day but argue over tiny points
>> of wikipedia policy and generally spends your day fighting other
>> editors to check out the comments left by those who have donated:
>>
> Some of us are busy, you know, actually writing an encyclopedia.
> Comparing your edit history to mine, I would say you aren't particularly
> active in that area, lately, and so aren't in a good position to throw
> stones.
>
> Does [[WP:NPA]] not apply to the mailing list and these sorts of snide
> attacks on other editors are now permitted? I'd like to request Oskar be
> put on moderation, please.
What personal attack is there in what you quote?  No individual is
mentioned, and he makes a completely valid criticism that applies to a
wide range of individuals.  Contrariwise, your response specifically
criticizes Oskar.  Which is more characteristic of a personal attack?
If you really want Oskar to be moderated you should also be asking that
the powers that be apply whatever may be the policy in a fair and
uniform manner.

The rest of Oskar's message was very positive, and said far more good
about the comments that contributors were making.

Ec