[WikiEN-l] Cla68 blocked for asking question

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 23:12:09 UTC 2007

There's some truth to this; we don't want to create a new atmosphere of fear
by doing stuff percieved by the community as arbitrary abuse of editors.

******
To the extent that this perception exists, it is a direct cause of people
who start threads with inflammatory titles such as this one and continue
with farfetched comparisons to the East German secret police.  At the very
least that behavior demonstrates remarkably poor judgement and lack of good
faith.  It would be quite refreshing to see some expression of second
thoughts or regret about those excesses.  I've shortened the block I applied
by three-quarters as an act of good faith.  An equivalent gesture from the
other side would go a long way toward reestablishing the collaborative
atmosphere that builds an encyclopedia.

-Durova