[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:Excellent short articles

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:58:55 UTC 2007

Yeah and still does. You might try actually looking at some GAs before
shooting your mouth off. I've reviewed dozens of GA articles, and most of
them are far, far too short to ever be FA. I think almost all GA project
people would agree. Examples I have passed: Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación
Nacional (Puerto Rico), Haystacks (Monet), SS Christopher Columbus, Roman
trade with India, and the list goes on. The point is: yes, long articles get
passed by GA when they should be FA candidates. But that serves as a great
stepping stone for those articles, and the short, great articles that never
will be FA get to be recognized.