[WikiEN-l] [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]] indefinitely full protected

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Mon Oct 22 00:25:06 UTC 2007

Quoting Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org>:

> On 10/20/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Grumble. I probably shouldn't, only make the situation more heated...
>> > besides, does anyone who isn't a wikipedian really care...
>> > grumble..... fine, it's in the Firehose!
>>

>> I actually suspect that "Wikipedia is very tolerant, but doesn't put
>> up with rubbish forever" will find favour with the general public.
>>
> As would "Wikipedia abandons open editing", probably.

This protection is a bad idea, but submitting this sort of story to
slashdot or
such is almost as bad an idea. We need to deal with this and stop it without
the drama and trolling that occurs when these things get highly publicized.

In any event, the solution to the LaRouche article is to have more admins keep
watch and block troublemakers. That works for other controversial articles and
I see no reason why this one should be any different.