[WikiEN-l] Cla68 blocked for asking question

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:25:04 UTC 2007

> These complaints are classic straw man rhetoric: take a small portion of the
> actual situation, pretend that's the sole cause of a result, and bemoan in
> various fora that the some action was unjustified.  I see through the game.
> There are times to put one's foot down and that time was today.  Wikipedia
> has been entirely too lenient about this type of disruption, with the result
> that when one brief and overdue block occurs a cluster of people are shocked
> by it.

In that case, the problem was not your block, but your block reason.
If you are blocking because of an ongoing problem, say so, don't just
cite the most recent problem. You said you were blocking for one act,
and that act was insufficient to warrant a block. If there were
previous acts which, when considered together, are sufficient to
block, then you need to say so.