[WikiEN-l] [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]] indefinitely full protected

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Oct 21 00:51:38 UTC 2007

On 20 Oct 2007 at 15:58:57 -0700, "George Herbert"
<george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Groups and their individual members always will want to slant Wikipedia;
> we're all human.  We have lots of policy and precedent to deal with that.
> But extended, organized campaigns are another thing entirely.

...and LaRouche's group is extremely unlikely to be the last.  Has
the Church of Scientology been doing anything of that sort?  If they
haven't, they probably will eventually, since that's their style.  So
will lots of other groups, big and small.  Eventually, there may be a
whole bunch of contentious articles in this category.

It may still be a state of affairs more conducive to some semblance
of NPOV than the situation with some other articles, where they're
open for editing but one side of the heated dispute involving them
has been labeled trolls, harrassers, etc., and banned, and anybody
else expressing views anywhere on that side are subsequently called
sock/meatpuppets of a banned user, or trolls republishing views of a
banned user, and so only one side of the dispute is allowed to have
any say at all.

--
== Dan ==