[WikiEN-l] [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]] indefinitely full protected

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 14:23:10 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> To attempt to end a many-year-old edit war, I have indefinitely
> full-protected the article [[Views of Lyndon LaRouche]].

This all hinges on the word "indefinitely".

Did you simply mean "without taking advantage of the (comparatively
new) feature which allows the protector to specify an expiration
date"?

Or did you mean "such that the protector intends for it to remain
protected until the cows come home?"

The latter would be, as Anthony has put strikingly into perspective,
an outrageous alternative to blocking the edit warriors (who will
undoubtedly reconvene themselves on a different page).

—C.W.