[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Fri Oct 19 23:57:57 UTC 2007

The question you ask, Eric, is a part of the mildness we generally applied to this matter. It was made plain that a user could edit on both ED and Wikipedia. We just asked them to wear their Wikipedia hat when they were here. There was no witchhunt, although those who were actively harassing MONGO were sanctioned. We really haven't had users who have made extensive links to ED pages trashing our users. What we have had is "BADSITES" activism. Which I think drives traffic to their site as well as occassional links would. However, we don't have "cool" users with ED links on their userpages. It disrupts their use of Wikipedia for networking.
 Fred