[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Fri Oct 19 23:49:20 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: David Gerard [mailto:dgerard at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 04:41 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

On 19/10/2007, Eugene van der Pijll <eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote:
> Jimmy Wales schreef:

> > The only real question is where and how to draw the line, but we are
> > actually fortunate in this regard: there are virtually no borderline
> > cases as an empirical matter.

> They may be a minority, but most of the recent discussion was about
> borderline cases. The Nielsen Hayden blog, the WikipediaReview Signpost
> article, the Michael Moore site.
> Perhaps you don't hink these are borderline, but in each of these cases
> I've seen people arguing on both sides.

And whether naming antisocialmedia.net in [[Judd Bagley]] should count
as a personal attack on the people attacked by that site, even though
the site itself is named openly in the NYT etc. as relevant. There was
an arbitration case about this.

The problem is the cases in the middle. What overrides NPOV?

- d.

I still don't understand what NPOV has to do with this. A link to edit a Wikipedia user's page is as shameful for MIchael Moore as any excess of ours. In a way, linking to it puts him in a false light, displaying petty bullying.
Fred