[WikiEN-l] BADSITES "clarification"

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Fri Oct 19 04:32:10 UTC 2007

As some have predicted, with the electronic ink not yet even dry on
the BADSITES decision, the link-prohibitionists are already pushing
for something more censorious than what ArbCom actually decided.  JzG
(who I thought had stormed off in a huff not too long ago, leaving
his account "permanently") posted a series of lengthy manifestos to
the WP:RFAR page in favor of imposing a ban on links to Wikipedia
Review on the grounds that they don't run their forum the way JzG
wishes them to run it -- banning all the same people Wikipedia has
banned, banning all the topics Wikipedia has banned, pledging their
fealty and loyalty to Wikipedia, Jimbo, and ArbCom, and so on.  The
theory seems to be that Wikipedia can and should dictate the policies
of all other Web sites and forums through the strategy of banning
links to uncooperative ones.

At least when *I* write lengthy manifestos, I actually call them user
essays, rather than ArbCom requests for clarification.

--
== Dan ==