[WikiEN-l] The percentage of English Wikipedia articles about living people over time.

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 03:44:31 UTC 2007

> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Enwikipedia_articles_bios_pct_200710.svg

It must be a significant underestimate, since any article about a living
person, which is not explicitly labelled [[Category:Living people]] isn't
counted.

Looking through the stubs I've created in the last year or two, I have made
7 about living people: Daniel Wyllie, Lech Kowalski, Franck Sorbier, Vadim
Perelman, Eric Harshbarger, Adam Elliot and John Long (climber). Two of
those are in the magic category, and 5 aren't. If that ratio held up across
Wikipedia, the proportion
of articles about living people would be about 40%, not 12%.

Steve