[WikiEN-l] The percentage of English Wikipedia articles about living people over time.

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:48:04 UTC 2007

On 10/18/07, Charlotte Webb <charlottethewebb at gmail.com> wrote:

> While I can't say I'd be surprised if somebody made a systematic
> effort to delete your work (without giving a damn what exists on other
> projects), I dispute the notion that a subject can possibly deserve an
> article in one language, but not in another. I thought the mythical
> goal state was for every "valid topic" to have a corresponding article
> in every language.

As it stands right now, every language has their own standards for
inclusion/notability.  Most are very similar, but I would be shocked if some
languages didn't choose differently about borderline cases.

Does every Wikipedia agree that every Pokemon, every high school, and the
mayor of every town deserve their own wikipage? Probably not.