[WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case about to close

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Thu Oct 18 01:32:42 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu [mailto:joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 06:43 PM
To: wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] BADSITES ArbCom case about to close

Quoting fredbaud at waterwiki.info:

> If the link is to a personal attack, it should not be republished.
> Depends on what's on the other end.
>
> Fred

Um, where is this coming from? Is this from Fred as the great arbitrator, Fred
as interpreting community consensus, Fred discussing what he would
block for or
what?

Following that question, do you really think that applies in general?
This would
imply that a discussion on ANI can't link to a personal attack and say "hey,
this editor made the following personal attack. We should block them for it"
but will instead say "Hey an editor made a personal attack, but I can't
show it
to you, so you'll have to go through his contribution list until you
find it" That's unworkable and unproductive. If this isn't what you
mean, some
clarification would be nice.

Like I said, it depends. How hurtful is it? How much harm will it do? How sensitive is the person being attacked? How necessary is it for everyone to go look at it? The point is to act responsibily with respect to the situation which is presented to you.

Fred