[WikiEN-l] The percentage of English Wikipedia articles about living people over time.

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Oct 17 00:35:58 UTC 2007

> We have many types of constraints, manpower, interest, process, and others...
>
> Whenever resources are limited there are some possibile allocatations
> of resources which are more ideal (by some metric) than others.

I'm not sure volunteer labor of the Wikipedia sort is a resource that
can be significantly allocated, other than by an invisible hand.  I
wonder if it'd be possible to prove that a [[laissez-faire]] approach
to notability produces a [[Pareto efficient]] allocation of resources.

> I see no reason why the removal of the space constraint should change
> the *ideal* subject matter distribution substantially.

Doesn't the term "ideal" essentially mean "without constraints"?