[WikiEN-l] Most useless edit summary ever?

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 23:48:49 UTC 2007

On 10/16/07, Christiano Moreschi <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> In all fairness, this is probably a consequence of RFA's
> culture of "must use 100 percent edit summaries before
> passing"!

Which of course is possible only if you used edit summaries from
jumpstreet (edit number 1) which few people do.

Sometimes I wonder how these RFA "requirements" originated? Who was
the first to oppose for lack of edit summaries, who was the first to
oppose for no work in project space? These were the ones that the rest
of the "voters" joined in on.

It's interesting that sometimes someone tries to start an RFA
"requirement" only to get jumped on by the rest of the "voters". Some
of these are opposes for "wiki breaks" and "self noms".