[WikiEN-l] The percentage of English Wikipedia articles about living people over time.

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:23:00 UTC 2007

> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Enwikipedia_articles_bios_pct_200710.svg
>
> Discuss amongst yourselves.

So to make sure I understand properly, this is saying that currently,
roughly 11% of all articles in the English Wikipedia are biographies of
living people?

If so, yikes.

I'm curious how much of the article count biographies in general (of either
living or dead people) make up as well. I guess you'd have to follow the
category tree of the (much less well known) [[Category:Dead_people]] to
figure that out and add the two up ... the upper-level people categories
seem a bit disorganized.

Re: Rambot -- it's a self-fulfilling prophecy :) if you have articles about
places, then clearly you need articles about people who live in those
places... right?

-- phoebe