[WikiEN-l] Threats policy

Kamryn Matika kamrynmatika at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:12:10 UTC 2007

On 10/16/07, Avi <avi.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> With the couple of suicide notes in the past few weeks, and now this
> issue about school violence threats (see
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Terroristic_threat_made_in_school_article
> )
>
> I think it would be prudent if there were an "official" or
> semi-official policy/How-To set up, similar to the revised WP:SUICIDE.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> --Avi

Well this exemplifies just how useless the office is. I agree that
contacting the school was the right thing to have done, but I think it's
pretty damn disgusting that its Wikipedia editors that have to do it. So no
I don't agree that a policy should be set up, the people that run this
website should step in and make some kind of official *efficient* process
rather than sit back and let these matters be handled in a confused, unsure
manner by people who don't really know what they're doing (though they are
of course well meaning and I appreciate that they do it).