[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Oct 15 22:59:47 UTC 2007

Will Beback wrote:
> David Gerard wrote:
>
>> And let me say that I consider removing the michaelmoore.com link from
>> [[Michael Moore]] to obviously constitute damage to the encyclopedia,
>> and if the community comes up with a rule that makes that a good idea
>> then the community is *wrong* and the rule needs removal. That's NPA
>> vs NPOV, i.e. the BADSITES arbitration.
>>
>> - d.
>>

> What does the link to michaelmoore.com contribute to the encyclopedia?
> It isn't being used as a source for the article.

The same thing the list of books an academic has published contributes
to the encyclopedia: a mention of notable publications by notable people
are something that no complete article should omit.

I personally don't care if you format it as a link or not, just as I
don't care whether you link ISBNs to [[Special:Booksources]] or not. But
lists of publications, including notable websites, should remain in the
article textually at least.

-Mark