[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:34:38 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> [...]

Is it possible to outright block any edit attempts with an external
HTTP referrer?

We could probably safely do that as a blanket policy.  Someone could
still say "go here, and then click on edit" with the link to the page
to edit, but that requires more steps for the abuser hordes, which
cuts down on the number that will follow through.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com