[WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Mon Oct 15 19:27:07 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: David Gerard [mailto:dgerard at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 12:47 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Harassment sites

On 15/10/2007, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 10/15/07 12:39 PM, David Gerard at dgerard at gmail.com wrote:

> > Yes. The community is important to the encyclopedia, but the
> > encyclopedia is more important than the community writing it.

> This seems to be your personal POV throughout, David. Would you consider the
> possibility of at least an equal balance between the two?

I'm not sure how that could really work, though. The point of
gathering the community is to write the encyclopedia. It may be useful
to pretend otherwise at times, but that's actually the purpose.

-d.

The encyclopedia is the work of the community, its creation. Thus the encyclopedia is dependent on the viability and integrity of the community.

Fred