[WikiEN-l] Jason Calancis on Wikipedia's technological obscurantism

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:16:07 UTC 2007

> http://www.calacanis.com/2007/02/20/technological-obscurification-three-ways-wikipedia-keeps-99-of/

I guess I accidentally started reading from the second paragraph.

> The Wikipedia is currently designed to lower participation so it is easier to manage.

I can see how one might get that idea, but his reasons aren't the ones
I expected to see, having blindly clicked David's link as usual, and
initially missing the "technological" focus of this blogger's rant. I
guess I expected something of a more cultural nature.

—C.W.