[WikiEN-l] The Simpsons is an Attack Site... er... Show!

Gabe Johnson gjzilla at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:28:32 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, Will Beback <will.beback.1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel R. Tobias wrote:
> > On tonight's Simpsons episode, an imprisoned criminal tells his
> > visiting girlfriend to kill the guy who's been editing his biography
> > in Wikipedia.  Gasp... harrassment of a Wikipedian!  Stop linking to
> > that evil show right away!
>
> Are you unaware of the difference between mentions of Wikipedia,
> criticisms of Wikipeida and its editors , and harassment of editors?
>
> Harassment is a different thing from criticism.
>
> W.

All joking aside, if one had to classify this as harassment or
criticism, I would say the former. But of course it's neither, it's
parody.

But if Daniel Brandt instead of Matt Groening had something like this
up, I guarantee that a lot of people would be screaming for even
further sanctions against him (whatever that might be).

BTW, The Simpsons is still funny. ~~~~

--
Absolute Power
C^7rr8p£5 ab£$^u7£%y