[WikiEN-l] Jason Calancis on Wikipedia's technological obscurantism

Jason McCabe Calacanis jason at calacanis.com
Sat Oct 13 19:04:55 UTC 2007

[Uncloaking]

Yes, this is very old, and frankly with the "completion of wikipedia" on horizon my thoughts on the subject are probably irrelevant now.

One could argue that Wikipedia needs *less* general participation at this point, and more "expert" (or targeted, or focused, whatever) participation. What % of your work is policing/reverting vs. evolving I wonder? How has that changed over the past five years?

Perhaps making it hard to edit *is* a blessing today... Intended or not.

Of course, you folks would know better than me... At Mahalo we use wikimarkup and not wysiwyg, so I'm haven't solved the issue and I have seven f/t devs!

Rock on,

Jason
Jason at Calacanis.com | Mobile: 310-456-4900
http://www.calacanis.com | http://www.mahalo.com
Executive Assistant: admin at calacanis.com