[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 12 16:28:05 UTC 2007

Phil Sandifer wrote

>> Let alone say
> > paid PR people on the site are OK.

> It's great advice. And paid PR people are not OK. But, frankly,
> they're not OK in the same way sockpuppets aren't OK. It's not that
> you're not allowed to do it, it's just that you're not allowed to do
> it so badly that we notice and go "Oh for fuck's sake."

I would say that the point of having WP:COI in relation to PR folk is this: assuming a measure of professionalism, they are going to be discouraged by it being against the site rules. Assuming a measure of intelligence, they will see that we can CheckUser them and drop them in it, career-wise. This gives them reasons to think they can find easier ways to earn a living than by edit warring against high school kids with admin powers.

Charles