[WikiEN-l] A2: Blocking of school IPs

Flameviper Velifang theflameysnake at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 16:15:01 UTC 2007

Did you read my message? The point is that you cannot simply presume things. Perhaps they can't use e-mail or create an account elsewhere. Maybe they can.

  But the point isn't the technical feasability of creating an account, it's the image we project of ourselves.

People don't come to this site willing to edit if it's the last thing they do, they come with the kind of "meh, maybe I'll try this and see how it turns out" attitude typical of new users to a site. If they have to jump through hoops to create an account, they won't.