[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 03:17:46 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> [...]

I think Marc's point is that we're not learning much at the meta /
process level on what we're doing wrong from being in the middle of
the contentious debates.

It is extremely hard as an individual to take the step back and see
what we're doing wrong in personal arguments or interactions.
Communities are no easier, perhaps harder.

Somewhere that we could do those learning exercises and try to find
community coping mechanisms for the real-life flame wars might be
useful.

We also could do a better job of taking the step back and looking at
the meta / process level in the real-life debates, but a separate
training ground appeals to me, if we can make one and convince people
to use it.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com