[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Fri Oct 12 01:21:34 UTC 2007

On 11 Oct 2007 at 12:44:58 -0700, William Pietri
<william at scissor.com> wrote:

> John has raised a legitimate question, one also unanswered in my mind.
> You respond by impugning his character and/or his judgement -- in my
> view, without cause or benefit. However reasonable it is to try to
> suppress potentially harmful information on a small scale, your good
> intentions have led you into a reductio ad absurdum position where you
> are trying to suppress it on ever-larger scales.

"I frequently make the assertion that it's impossible to successfully
censor the Internet by trying to remove materials that have already
been posted publicly after they've attracted attention. What's
published is published, what's done is done. The genie won't just
refuse to go back into the bottle, he'll stick his tongue out at you
as well -- or worse."
 -- Lauren Weinstein
    http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/000279.html

--