[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Fri Oct 12 01:17:59 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Riddell [mailto:michaeldavid86 at comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 07:00 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

on 10/11/07 8:38 PM, George Herbert at george.herbert at gmail.com wrote:

> There are aspects of our decisionmaking process that suck.  Dealing
> with strongly divisive polarizing issues is one of them.

You're right, George. Sounds like a good argument for the "sandbox" idea I
proposed yesterday. A space where you could practice you're communication
skills; where no real "decisions" are expected to be made; and where nothing
is at stake (except your egos, perhaps ;-). Kind of like war games using
blanks.

Marc

Actually, that's what this is. An policy discussion would have to take place on the pages of an actual proposal. Which the Arbitration Committee would like to see happen. There has been way too much weight attached to an arbitration decision based on extreme facts. Applying it to situations with much different facts has not worked out well.

Fred