[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Fri Oct 12 00:38:59 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Wily D [mailto:wilydoppelganger at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 06:26 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

On 10/11/07, fredbaud at waterwiki.info <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

> [...]
Fred

The answer is then pretty simple - don't engage any drama.  When
somebody askes whether some random article on Slate.com invalidates
the whole place as a potential source, we say "No - that's not an
attack site" and we move on.  If they then use the link to harrass
"someone", well we block them for harrassing someone.  How they did it
becomes irrelevant.  If they don't, then everybody goes about the
business with no harm done.  Even if their motives are impure, but
simply saying "No" and then dropping it, the issue ends in the
cleanest way.

Cheers,
WilyD

Now you're talking.