[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Oct 12 00:34:29 UTC 2007

fredbaud at waterwiki.info wrote:
>>> We are always subjective, but a good discussion will almost always help us make better decisions.
>>
>> Fred, that's precisely what's at issue here. The BADSITES policy
>> prevents good discussions of the sort that are Wikipedia's foundation.
>> That's why I think this issue is so crucial to Wikipedia's future.
> Except, we haven't adopted any such policy, again the strawman.

Sorry for the confusion. When I say "BADSITES" I am referring to any
proposed or actual policy that we not link to certain sites because
there are things on them that some people don't like. I'm glad to use
another name if you'd like to suggest one.

Let me be clear: I believe the policy that you are proposing, although
well meant, prevents good discussions of the sort that are Wikpedia's
foundation.

William