[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Thu Oct 11 23:12:59 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: William Pietri [mailto:william at scissor.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 01:51 PM
To: 'English Wikipedia'
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Agger's article as favorable to Brandt.  I tend to read the
> phrase "interesting take" as meaning "this is fun ti read, but hard to
> believe."  The fact that the one "exposed" feature that he references
> about Slim is the more extreme one that she is an MI-5 agent leaves me
> with the impression that he considers Brandt to be a conspiracy theorist.

I'd second that. He clearly suggests that Brandt is a nut. E.g., he
introduces him with, "the conversation was a lot like discussing the
grassy knoll circa 1966."  And he refers to the SlimVirgin bit with,
"enter further into Brandt's matrix," which I read as "I think this is
wacko-land".

Of course, to me, this underlines John's point. He can't even bring up
an article that calls Brandt a conspiracy theorist and mentions the
SV-as-MI5 bit as obvious nuttery without getting accused of acting in
bad faith.

William

--
William Pietri <william at scissor.com>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:William_Pietri

But it doesn't exactly do that. It simply gives the link and says, "Go explore...

Not our mission. Trashing our own users does not advance our purposes.

Fred