[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Thu Oct 11 21:37:25 UTC 2007

fredbaud at waterwiki.info wrote:
> The problem is that the link to the speculations about SlimVirgin, seem simply added as an afterthought. Kinda of like spitting in soup right before you serve it. The link really doesn't add anything to the discussion about Google. I think the information could be found in a source that is not spoiled in that way.

The purpose of the link in the article is to let the reader discover for
himself how kooky Brandt is, and therefore how seriously to take his
worries about Google's motives and behavior.

I respectfully suggest that the experience of spoil and spit is
particular to your personal reactions to the mentions of  Brandt and the
SV-as-spy conspiracy theory, and not what a general reader would take
from it. As flaws go, however, that's one I respect; that an arbitrator
has a pro-Wikipedia bias is not entirely a bad thing.

William

--
William Pietri <william at scissor.com>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:William_Pietri