[WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

fredbaud at waterwiki.info fredbaud at waterwiki.info
Thu Oct 11 10:21:56 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Summit [mailto:scs at eskimo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:53 AM
To: wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Is Slate an attack site?

[1. John's beaten horse is not dead because it's wrong -- I for
one agree with it wholeheartedly -- but rather because something
functionally equivalent to BADSITES still has enough support
among people who matter that it's going to be around, in some
form, for the foreseeable future.  I console myself with the
knowledge that "the foreseeable future" on Wikipedia is not very
long.]

Who is it that you think supports suppressing all links to Slate? The only people I have seen advocating such a position are those who oppose removing any links to attacks. This is the strawman argument again. Of course, the strawmen would be wrong, if they existed.

Fred