[WikiEN-l] The Statistical Decline of the English Wikipedia Community

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Oct 10 17:44:53 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On 10/10/07, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well if you look further down the analysis page, the rate of article
> > deletion has also been declining.  By contrast, article creation is flat or
> > somewhat positive (depending on how long an interval one uses to estimate
> > the trend).
> >
> I'd imagine there must be a bump in a lot of these numbers at the time
> unregistered article creation was turned off.  Have you seen anything
> on that one?  (I don't remember when that happened, I'll look it up
> for you if you want).

Here's a couple more events to consider: when was the captcha for
unregistered edits which add an external link added?  how about the
captcha for new article creation?

It'd be interesting to make up a timeline of all the events we can
think of which might possibly affect these numbers, and then attach
them to the chart.