[WikiEN-l] oopsie-- mainstream journalists trust Wikipedia again

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 23:31:47 UTC 2007

> On 07/10/2007, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Evidences?
> >
> > Lack of evidence to the contrary. When people disagree with something,
> > they generally say so quite loudly. When people agree with something,
> > they are usually much quieter. I've seem plenty of people complaining
> > about the application of BLP to a particular article, but few
> > complaining about BLP in general.
> >

> Because you can't effectively overturn that which is opposed from above.
>
> > > If we go by what happens BLP does not exist unless an admin with an
> > > agenda turns up.
> >
> > *shrugs* Then that's the policy.
>

> It is not an acceptable policy for a rational community.

What's not acceptable, that not every single member of the wider
Wikipedia community understands and agrees with and lives by BLP (much
less the other policies, rules, guidelines, pillars...) ?

By definition, we're open to drivebys and new members joining who
don't have much understanding of our existing policy infrastructure...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com