[WikiEN-l] Templates for the masses

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Oct 8 17:41:38 UTC 2007

Steven Walling wrote:
> I don't think this going to change anytime soon, and in many situations
> template banners are very helpful.

A minority of cases.
> The best way to efficiently suggest the redundancy of a template is to go
> and fix it yourself, if they piss you off that much. But expecting that
> everyone is capable (much less willing) to fix every problem they see
> themselves is foolishness, plain and simple.
An easier alternative is just to remove the template.  If templates are
added at a significantly faster rate than problems fixed it is a losing
battle. If you don't know what you are talking about, how do you even
know to add a template.  If you do know what you are talking about, you
may be the best person to fix the problem.  Some templates may still be
necessary, but they will represent something more than a templaters
vicarious pleasure of generating work for others.

Ec