[WikiEN-l] Templates for the masses

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Mon Oct 8 05:17:28 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
> We need a big template on the front of the article because it's a
> piece of crap.  I didn't even know Wikipedia had talk pages for a long
> time.  And many readers don't know this.  If Wikipedia editors are
> going to persist in posting inaccurate, poorly researched, incomplete
> and misleading crap, the templates are going to serve a purpose.

Yes, a large portion of readers will never click on a talk page. We
should accept that.

Also though, readers may not need to know some of the more technical
things about an article, trivia being a good example. There aren't
many in my view that are bad, but a few. I don't think it's a huge
problem, TFD can handle it. :)

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion