[WikiEN-l] oopsie-- mainstream journalists trust Wikipedia again

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 7 15:40:27 UTC 2007

Marc Riddell wrote:
>on 10/7/07 11:04 AM, Thomas Dalton at thomas.dalton at gmail.com wrote:
>> Then the community isn't rational - that doesn't really surprise me.
>
> Wikipedia is an emotional community - not a rational one.
> Whether this is acceptable is up to the Community itself.

Remember, too, that Wikipedia is supposed to be a community
second (or, idealistically, not at all) and an encyclopedia-
writing project first.

The nice thing about all this emotional hand-wringing policy
stuff is that a lot of the time, you can just ignore it (well,
as long as you're not reading this mailing list, anyway :-) )
and get on with the task of writing the encyclopedia.