[WikiEN-l] This historic fact is not allowed on the main pages of http://en.wikipedia.org/

Nick heligolandwp at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:31:26 UTC 2007

I think you mistake the idea of what Free means on Wikipedia.

Free refers to what you can do with the encyclopedia, it's free as in open
source, you can make, share and reuse any of the content, pretty much, and
it costs you nothing. The actual project isn't "Free" as in Free Speech. We
don't let you put anything and everything on there, so no articles on your
pet, your favourite teacher and so on. That stretches to political stuff,
you don't get to post anything you want and in any manner you wish, it has
to be as neutral as possible and as reliable as possible. Given I've not
looked at this issue in any great detail, I'm not going to go much further,
but freedom of speech on Wikipedia only extends to the creation of a fair
and balanced article, no more, no less. We don't leave out unpleasent stuff
and we don't include heavily biased stuff.

On 02/10/2007, censure <aw.dat at gmx.net> wrote:

> This historic fact is not allowed on the main pages of
> http://en.wikipedia.org/
> Ustaše (Uprisers) - nickname for Croatian soldiers that drove out the
> Turks
> from Croatia in the years from 1683 to 1689. [1] former Uskoks. Commanders
> of the southern soldiers based in Dalmatia (1683) where Prince Franjo
> Posedarski, Prince Jerko Rukavina, Dujan Kovačević, Ilija Smiljanić, Šimun
> Bartolac and Stojan Janković (former muslim) Commanders of the northern
> soldiers based in Ogulin (1685) where Baron Franjo Oršić, Baron Stjepan
> Vojnović, Baron Ivan Gusić and Count Adam Purgstall.[2] The Ustasa army
> numbered several thousand soldiers that later settled with there families
> in
> the Lika and Krbava region of Croatia and are all found by name age and
> rank
> in the Census of Lika and Krbava in 1712.[3]
>
> 1. Radoslav Lopašić - DVA HRVATSKA JUNAKA: Marko Mesić i Luka Ibrišimović
> (Zagreb 1888) p 35.
>
> 2. Dragutin Hirca - LIKA I PLITVIČKA JEZERA (Zagreb 1900) p 66
>
> 3. Karl Kaser - POPIS LIKE I KRBAVE 1712. GODINE (Zagreb 2003) p 51-374
>

> I am constantly deleted and blocked from editing
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ustase by,
>
> 1. User: Spylab
>
> 2. User: Rjecina
>
> 3. User: Kirker
>
> 4. User: Kuru
>
> 5. User: laughing man WikiProject Serbia.
>
> 6. User: Steel359
>

> This is NO free Encyclopedia !
>
> --

Nick