[WikiEN-l] Automated VFDing was Re: Banality threshold

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:56:08 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> One admittedly clumsy way to handle this is to make a separate user
> subpage with links to the articles you want to track, preferably using
> the [[:article]] code with the colon so the backlink is not made, and
> to check it regularly for links newly going red.
>
> On 10/1/07, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It doesn't.  It really isn't a bug, a watchlist is supposed to show edits
> > made to pages, not log entries.  However, I can see why you wish this
> > feature would be added to the watchlist, but it's not a bug. :-)

> > > sidebar,

> > > Out of curiosity... (my test MW wiki is off right now or I'd try this...)
> > >
> > > If someone deletes an article on your watchlist, the deletion event
> > > does not show up on the watchlist, correct?
> > >
> > > I'm inclined to think that this is a bug...

Yes, I can see several ways around it.  That's the one that doesn't
take any programming on my part to implement, though I would probably
want to script up something to scrape my watchlist and auto-create the
separate pages [[:page]] list.

I think I'll call putting the deletes in the main watchlist a feature
request for the main code, though...

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com