[WikiEN-l] There are no pictures in Wikipedia any more

Earle Martin wikipedia at downlode.org
Mon Oct 1 16:33:57 UTC 2007

> 2)Literacy levels. India has a literacy rate of a bit under 70%

Out of a population of 1.14 billion [1], that leaves us a mere 798
million people. Of whom (if we take a naïve view and assume literacy
as a prerequisite) some 65 million speak English as a second
language... [2]

> small pool to do the writing

...and over forty million of those people have access to the internet. [3]

I don't think we're going to be short of willing writers any time soon.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population
[2] Ibid.
[3] http://www.internetworldstats.com/top20.htm

--