[WikiEN-l] Banality threshold

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:43:23 UTC 2007

On 9/29/07, Nick <heligolandwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> ... but the author has another 60 minutes to finish editing the article, and
> if it's still not notable...

Unclear on how [a subject becomes] "notable" in 60 minutes, unless of
course it's being interviewed by Mike Wallace.[1]

But even then, "noted" would be likely be a more fitting adjective. If
anybody can potentially be "noted"[2], then "notability" is more or
less a meaningless term. Bandy it about and I'll probably advise you
to iron it onto your shirt and hang it from the rafters.[3]

The real deciding factor should be whether the author provided sources
with which to verify the existing content, and/or from which to gather
information for additional content. Yet there is no CSD code for this,
nor does it carry much, if any, weight in a typical AFD discussion.

Perhaps we have a more serious problem.

—C.W.

[1] This would satisfy WP:WARHOL fourfold.
[2] And believe me, anybody can potentially be "noted".
[3] Or to just shove it up your ass, whatever causes greater anguish.