[WikiEN-l] Missed Opportunities to have avoided the Durova Case

radio rhubarb radiorhubarg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:24:49 UTC 2007

> There
> is therefore no point in conducting a witchhunt.
>
> Sarah

The admonition against whitchunting should be taken to heart by everyone.
The "case study" Durova posted was a classic example of a witchunt
mentality, what Thatcher131 referred to as bigfoot believers looking for
evidence of bigfoot and finding it.

If we focussed on bad or disruptive editing rather than witchunting
productive editors on the suspicion that they are secretly bad editors
waiting for a moment to strike we would waste a lot less time and find far
fewer people "guilty by suspicion" rather than guilty based on their
actions.