[WikiEN-l] Balance of sanction [Was: Arbiter involvement on the Durova affair]

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Fri Nov 30 18:38:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:13:25 +0000, "Andrew Gray"
<shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

>One assumes that the other party has come out of this with no sysop
>bit, no credibility, and no chance of getting onto Arbcom. But they've
>also had *other* sanctions applied to them, because we determined they
>didn't have those to lose.

Here's the problem.

Durova's actions stopped the editing of one editor for 75 minutes,
and ended with an apology.

Giano's actions fuelled the flames of drama, made a humiliating
experience into a bloodbath for Durova, were wounding and bruising,
violated privacy, and Giano has made *no apology whatsoever*.

Durova has been co-operative with the Committee in its
deliberations,Giano has been obstructive.  And Giano is *normally*
rude and obstructive.  I can see why the Committee might feel this
was a behaviour pattern that might need addressing, especially since
it has been the case for a very long time.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG