[WikiEN-l] Arbiter involvement on the Durova affair

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 15:58:55 UTC 2007

So is Giano getting potentially banned by the ArbCom for wilfully
posting a copyright violation? Or defying a Foundation employee? Or
not following the correct processes of ArbCom?

One thing that confuses me is the alleged serving of a DMCA Notice by
Durova on the Foundation, to force a take-down (read: oversight by
Cary) of the email posted by Giano. Don't we block/ban for legal
threats, or does a DMCA Notice not count as one of those? Some
clarification on this point would be helpful.

~Mark Ryan